Tutorial update

Jonas Talandis jonast at evl.uic.edu
Fri Sep 8 11:51:12 CDT 2000

I enjoyed the hands-on session in the library, where we configured machines
and had a look at the hardware and how it all inter-connects.

The best thing you could do is update/streamline the web documentation.
There seems to be a lot of confusion amongst new users on what hardware to
buy. Once they have the right stuff, an outline of configuration steps
would be most helpful in jumping into the fast moving waters of AGdom. I
also like the idea of emphasizing audio set-ups and check procedures.

At 11:33 AM 9/8/00 , Robert Olson wrote:
>We're updating the AG tutorial a bit, and are asking for some input from
>the community.
>
>For those who have been at the tutorial in the past, what helped the most?
>What helped the least?
>
>What topics do you think need to be more heavily emphasized (one that we
>are going to spend more time on is adjustment of the local audio environment).
>
>thanks,
>--bob

Jonas Talandis
Electronic Visualization Laboratory