Proposal for an AG technical retreat..

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 13 14:39:21 CDT 2000

Yeah...I've been working on getting Key3Media (owners of Networld+Interop)
to do a regional Interop in Hawaii....seems there are LOTS of things that
are actually cheaper in Hawaii than places like
LasVegas/SanFrancisco/LA/Chicago and other convention towns.

Hotels are cheaper, rental cars, food, freight are all cheaper....just make
sure you dont' do your shopping in Waikiki....basic tourist trap....even
McDonald's Happy Meals are $6.00 in Waikiki and only $3.75 outside....

Seriously, my rental rates on the East West center is dirt cheap, and if you
gotta squeeze, I have access to VIP dorms (private room and bath w/ keycard
access...parkiing is $3.00/day more....room runs about $65/night)

I just did a DARPA PI meeting there and it was about half what a hotel would
have charged me.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii at Manoa
Dept of Information & Computer Sciences