rat

George Estes gestes at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:51:04 CDT 2000

  I'm building a new portable node and I've encountered this problem with
the audio capture machine setup.  In RAT "talk" the line input slider has
no control over the input level, instead something called "rec" (record?)
controls the line input level.  Bringing the line level up in RAT just
creates a feedback loop.
  This is what the setup looks like, Redhat 6.2 kernel 2.2.14-5.0smp,
OSS/Linux, lspci shows Ensoniq ES1371 [AudioPCI-97] (rev 07).  In aumix the
controls shown are, vol-pcm-spkr-line-mic-cd-rec-Ogain-line1-phonein-video.
 RAT "listen" controls pcm,spkr,Ogain and line1 and RAT "talk" controls
line.  This is the first time I've seen Ogain.
  Has anyone had to deal with this problem?
Thanks,
George