Network Challenge

Rogier, Gordon grogier at ukans.edu
Tue Nov 7 18:39:01 CST 2000

Look, I will go on the record as stating that this behavior is
irresponsible!!

To put out initial messages that state you things like "let your network
folks know if your are interested in participating" then to turn around and
at the last minute decide to use the commodity AG Lobby for this is totally
without understanding for the product ional needs of the AG system.

You know that most nodes idle in this venue... you know that these groups in
the any-cast multicast transport will be hit with this traffic!!!  You also
know that almost all of the non-ANL operator sites do NOT understand this
issue!!  You also know that normal use of the VV environment has nodes
transition through the Lobby.

Early messages imply an opt-in situation, but then you turn around and
effectively work in a mode of opt-out??

While you ponder this, I have to call my management at KU and recommend
disabling some of our mcast to prevent continued problems.

:grogier.