FW: MPEG2 Netcast

Russ Wolf rwolf at bu.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:50:07 CST 2000

This Friday and Saturday, the University of Wisconsin - Madison Badger
Hockey team will play the University of Alaska - Anchorage here in
Madison.  KAKM-TV in Anchorage will be broadcasting the game live from
Madison.  The plan is to send the audio and video to Anchorage via
conventional satellite, as well as over the Internet2 Abilene Network using
a Minerva MPEG2 over IP codec.  On Friday they will use the satellite as
the primary feed with I2 as a backup, and on Saturday they will use I2 as
the primary, satellite as backup.

This will be a 5 Mbps unicast with standard settings on the network.

--
David Devereaux-Weber, P.E.
Network Engineering