Network challenge MAXIMUM AG Event...

Tony Rimovsky tony at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 3 08:06:36 CST 2000

This sounds like a great try for an award.

One thing that jumps to mind: If you are planning on participating, please,
Please, PLEASE warn your networking groups.  If we do this in a single room
(one multicast address) then every bit that makes it to dallas for the
contest will also go to every multicast receiver in that room.

I'll go ahead and warn vBNS and Abilene.  :)

Rick -- is it permissible within the rules to do this as multiple
streams?  ie., can we spread the load across several venues and have the
aggregate at Dallas count towards the contests?  It will help spread the
load out at the campus sites.  One site I am worried about, for example, is
ACCESS-DC.  If they participate, I fully expect this to saturate their DS3
if they see all of the traffic.  I am even starting to worry about the
nodes 100bT connections.