Network challenge MAXIMUM AG Event...

Rick Stevens stevens at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 2 20:12:10 CST 2000

Hi AGsters,

I wanted to send a follow up note to Terry's email about the SC2000 Network
Challenge.

We have signed the Access Grid up as one of the four or five applications
at SC that will be trying to MAX OUT the networks.  The SCInet crew and the
judges from the Network Challenge will be measuring the bandwidth used for
the AG from noon on Tuesday to noon on Weds.  Therefore we would like to
try to some very high-bandwidth sessions on the AG network during the
monitoring time..

We will have the AG nodes at ANL and in the ANL booth at SC up during this
time and are scheduling some high-resolution video experiments and some
Voyager playback experiments.. We would like to invite the entire AG
community to actively participate in this Network Challenge. It would very
cool to try to set a record for simultaneous AG node connections and number
of video streams.  More details will be sent to the list as we learn more
about how this is going to work..

Cheers,

--Rick