Audio loopback in linux kernel?

Camille Goudeseune camilleg at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 28 15:19:44 CST 2000

> It was suggested that we have audio loopback turned on in our linux kernel.
I've never seen such an option when building a kernel.  More likely is
that loopback is turned on in an audio control panel somewhere.
Look for "xmixer" or "amixer" or some such little commandline/GUI program
which adjusts your soundcard's settings.  There'll probably be a button
to push under the microphone-volume slider which toggles loopback (it
may be called mute/unmute).  Experiment...

	Camille Goudeseune