reminder: AG @ BU demo 3/16

Michael Krugman krugman at bu.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:15:08 CST 2000

Thanks for your note Jennifer. A few more details:

At 2:34 PM -0500 3/15/0, you wrote:
>NoX is the group
>responsible for the Aggregation Point in Boston which will connect BU to
>Abilene in the near future.

BU connected to the NoX-AP (AKA GigaPoP) at OC-12 & Abilene at OC-3 10/99.
NoX participants currently committed to connections to the NoX-AP and I2
are BU, Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, Tufts, the University of New Hampshire,
the University of Vermont, Dartmouth College, and the University of Maine.
Tufts & Umaine recently connected to I2 via the NoX-AP; several other
institutional connections are imminent. We also have service providers
connected to the AP, including Qwest, Bell Atlantic, MediaOne, & RCN.

>I don't have a list of participants, but the NoX web site is brief and
>well worth reading if you're going to participate in the demo.

NoX attendees typically include:

Celeste Finison, Boston College
Michael Krugman, Boston University
Charles von Lichtenberg, Boston University
George Loftus, Brown University
Oke Lundin, Brown University
Steve Campbell, Dartmouth College
Leo Donnelly, Harvard University
Doug Green, University of New Hampshire
Jeff Schiller, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
David Blank-Edelman, Northeastern University
Wilson Dillaway, Tufts University
Gerry Dube, University of Maine
Peter Gutierrez, University of Massachusetts
Chris Misra, University of Massachusetts
Michael Shaughnessy, University of Rhode Island
Jeremy George, Yale University
Joseph Paolillo, Yale University

This is a technically oriented group responsible for campus network
infrastructure, services, and operations. I expect they'll be interested in
the nuts-and-bolts of the AG, including components, costs, and support.
Some of them will [hopefully] bring this concept home to their campuses and
possibly build AG facilities there.

>(Last week we had
>problems and only managed to pull off the demo as beautifully as we did
>because the participants arrived 20 minutes late.)

I'll try to manage the schedule more closely this round, but you know the
old saw about herding cats...  :)

Thanks all and see you tomorrow. Michael

Michael Krugman, Executive Director       krugman at bu.edu  Internet
Office of Information Technology          617-353-4355    Me & VoiceMail
Boston University                         617-353-2780    OIT
111 Cummington Street                     617-353-6260    FAX
Boston, Massachusetts  02215-2411         http://www.bu.edu/