test cruises

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 14 11:00:08 CST 2000

All,

With the Chautauquas coming up and new sites coming on-line, we will be
starting up our weekly test cruises. Starting next week, March 21, we will
plan on a cruise every tuesday and thursday at 1:00 central time.

In the beginning, we will be using these cruises to get OSC, Kansas, UND
and the Atlanta Center up and running.
The cruises are vital tools for new sites to gain experience using the
Access Grid, learn troubleshooting and operational procedures. Towards May,
we expect participating Chautauqua sites to be up and operating and we will
start rehearsals and have cruises on a more frequent basis.

If we have specific goals for a cruise, we will announce them ahead of
time. Otherwise they will be general connectivity and equipment check cruises.

We will be holding these cruises in the Big Horn virtual venue room. If you
have any questions about how to get started, let us know right away. If you
don't have any way to connect, let me know and we will get a phone
connection up so we can talk and ... get on the mud!

See you on Tuesday,

Terry