NSF review July 31

Daniel A. Reed reed at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:41:53 CDT 2000

The NSF review is all day on the 31st.  Alliance is 8-11/11:30 central,
NPACI is 12-3 central, and EOT (PACI wide) is 3-4 central.  Both the
Alliance and NPACI will be using the AG.

So,  it probably will be in use until nearly 5pm central time on the 31st.

At 08:22 AM 7/25/2000 -0500, Kyle Camarda wrote:
>Hello,
>
>   Could you give some more details about exactly when the NSF review will
>occur?  KU will have both our Chautauqua nodes set up by 1:00 CDT on the
>31st, and would like to do final audio testing that afternoon.  We will
>need all the sites hosting presenters/panelists, along with Boston which
>will be serving as the bridge, to be present at this testing.  This
>includes all of the sites you've listed as being needed for the NSF
>review.  Thanks!
>
>Kyle Camarda
>KU Chautauqua Producer
>camarda at ukans.edu
>
>On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Bob Olson wrote:
>
> > There is a NSF review on July 31 that may be using the AG.  As I
> > understand it the AG sites are ANL, NCSA, Boston, Access DC, and UNM. We
> > will need to bridge in a site coming from Texas via H.320 ISDN
> > videoconferencing gear. We're fighting getting working ISDN lines in the
> > right places here at Argonne, and as a backup would like to identify sites
> > that could also act as AG/H.320 bridges. Requirements are an H.320
> > conferencing setup with the right connectors to attach bidirectional audio
> > and video feeds to the AG gear (video capture, gentner). I'm fairly sure
> > the CLI Elipse we have at ANL will work for this. A hitch is the video to
> > send to the H.320 conference; my current plan is to scan-convert a region
> > of a display and place the video we want to send in that space.
> >
> > I'm looking for two bits of information:
> >
> > List of sites that are participating. I suspect you know who you are;
> > please email me the point of contact for the meeting.
> >
> > List of sites that might be able to bridge if I can't get stuff going
> > tomorrow. We need to test this ASAP, tomorrow would be best.
> >
> > thanks,
> > --bob

Daniel A. Reed
Professor and Head                      Internet:       reed at cs.uiuc.edu
Department of Computer Science          Research phone: (217) 333-3807
University of Illinois                  Admin phone:    (217) 333-3373
1304 West Springfield Avenue            Research FAX:   (217) 244-6869
Urbana, Illinois 61801                  Admin FAX:      (217) 333-3501

WWW Project Pointer: http://www-pablo.cs.uiuc.edu/