cruise 7-19-00

Michael Grobe grobe at raven.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:07:35 CDT 2000

Hello:

We have created a secondary web page for the August 1/2/3 Chautauqua,
focussing on "technical production" information at:

    http://www.ukans.edu/~chat2000

It includes:

     - a special agenda for the Chautauqua, holding pointers to
       technical production information such as PPT files,
       PPT and VNC servers, etc.:

           http://www.ukans.edu/~chat2000/agenda

     - the pre-Chautauqua cruise schedule for cruises to be held
       during the month of July:

           http://www.ukans.edu/~chat2000/pre-chatq-sched.html

     - a personnel contact list

     - lists of relevant IP addresses and phone numbers

Note that this site remains under development, and will probably
remain so up to the day of the conference.

The pre-Chautauqua cruise schedule shows that we hope to devote
three cruises during July to "dress reheasals" for the Chautauqua.
We hope to have one cruise for each day of the Chautauqua, during
which we will run through the beginning portion of that day's program.

We devoted Monday, July 17 to a dress rehersal for Tuesday, August 1.
We didn't make it past the August 1, noon presenters, but we plan
to forge ahead as scheduled.

Wednesday, July 19 will be devoted to a dress rehearsal for the
Wednesday, August 2, Chautauqua presentations.  The Wednesday
agenda at

    http://www.ukans.edu/~chat2000/agenda/wednesday.html

includes pointers to "fake" PPT slide sets that we will load and
run quickly through for at least the morning's presenters.

We will try to go more slowly on Wednesday than on Monday, and
interact more carefully with the remote sites.

Please look over the web site and let me know what needs to be
corrected and/or added...and meet us on Wednesday, July 19 at
1:30 CDT for the dress rehearsal cruise.

Note that we plan to use Monday, July 24 for some special VNC and
backup hardware testing, and that....

The dress rehearsal for the third day of the conference will be held on
Wednesday, July 26.

Michael Grobe
Assistant Director
Academic Computing Services