mcast group numbers

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 29 10:51:45 CST 2000

> Now, knowing these, my questions are..
>
>  will the AG (as coordinated by ANL) be using any other mcast group numbers?

We reserve the right to do so :-) but with the VV stuff the addresses we
use will probably only change occasionally.

>  (suggestion here) can we get ANL (and any other participating AG sites that
>
>    want to coordinate their own virtual venue space, presumably linked off
> of the
>    ANL pages) to use the I2 centric model of "glop" multicast addresses in
> the
>    233.x.x.x/8 space?

Yes, that would be good. How's the glop assignment work?  ANL's AS# is
683, so how's that translate to glop space? Before we switch to this we
should set up some tests in the glop addr space.

> thoughts??

Sounds like a great plan.

--bob