Multicast status

Jeff Ramacher jeffr at mhpcc.edu
Wed Feb 9 12:42:27 CST 2000

MHPCC is working on both the "Roll Your Own Multicast" and native
multicast implementations.  Both are still a work in progress.  Thanks
to Bill Nickless for the teleconference last week with our networking
staff here.  We have a plan and are working on it.  A Cisco 2621 router
has been ordered, among other things.

Also wanted to say thanks to the Alliance members that were here last
week for their suggestions regarding our new Access Grid room (under
development).  Thanks Lisa, Terry, Bob, Barbara, and Ken (sorry if I
forgot anyone).

That's it for now.

--
Jeff Ramacher (jeffr at mhpcc.edu)                | (808) 879-5077, x264
Maui High Performance Computing Center (MHPCC) | fax (808) 879-5018
                                               | http://www.mhpcc.edu

A 26