Multicast status

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 9 12:04:26 CST 2000

Tony,
I also saw your joking comments on the mud in reference to the last
paragraph...
I find some of your comments unprofessional, unconstructive, and way out of
line.
Especially being labelled as a rouge site and your dismissal of my
inteligence
in being able to comprehend the insurmountable technical difficulties of
enabling
a multicast bridge.

re ACCESS agnode:
I have supported this project 100+%, sacrificed in ways you could not imagine,
and have developed the ACCESS AG node as the high-end producer of content for
the Access Grid project. My feelings are very hurt by your unsolicited
condemnation
of me and my work to this ag-tech list. I do not believe I deserve it.
If you have problems with me on a personal or professional level, please
address
them to me directly.

re bridges as a backup:
From, a production perspective (one which should be addressed because the
production values up to this point have been weak at best). I was simply
stating that
bridge technologies should always be kept in hand as a possible backup
solution.

re my interest in multicast bridges:
I have no interest in creating a bridge at ACCESS for the Access Grid
project.
I am however, interested in their technology (irregardless of your low
opinion
of my capabilities to understand them) and again ask:
Where can I learn more information on setting up a multicast bridge?

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu