RealMedia

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 29 09:57:30 CDT 2000

The configuration depends somewhat on what you are planning on
transmitting. If you are just sending local talks, you can split the video
from the presenter camera to go to both the video capture box and to your
realmedia server. If you are going to do multicamera local stuff, you'll
need a switcher unless you get a capture card with multiple inpts and an
internal switcher.

For the audio, you should connect a gentner output to the RM server. Then
you can do things like route network audio to the RM server as well as
local microphone audio.

(I'm assuming that the RM stuff would be served off its own machine..)

--bob