New rat to try

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 6 17:04:10 CDT 2000

I've made an RPM of the latest rat, 4.2.1. It is available at
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS/ucl-rat-4.2.1-1.i3
86.rpm

My hope is that this will prove to be more stable than the 4.0.4 version
previously used, and that it won't have to be restarted (making some of
today's problems go away).

You can install with

rpm -i
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS/ucl-rat-4.2.1-1.i3
86.rpm

Unlike the other releases, it does not install a default
/usr/local/ag/bin/rat so it will not interfere with current grid rat usage.

You can make it the default with the following commands:

cd /usr/local/ag/bin
mv rat rat.old
ln -s rat-4.2.1 rat

Please give it a try, and report back any problems you have. I'd like to
try this out at the Corridor One test cruise tomorrow, and at the Monday
Chautauqua test cruise.

To put back the previous rat, do this:

cd /usr/local/ag/bin
rm rat
mv rat.old rat

You will also have to remove a file in your home directory called .mbus for
each user that has run the new rat.

--bob