abilene multicast debugging

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 20 12:54:51 CDT 1999

We had the conference call today.  Participants were John Dugan and Tony
Rimovsky of NCSA, Bill Nickless of Argonne, Steve Wallace and Rick Wood of
Abilene.

Unfortunately the multicast traffic did not get through Abilene between
Argonne (AS 683) and NCSA Ballston DC (AS 5640).  Argonne and ACCESS-DC
have switched back to preferring vBNS for multicast service.

Steve and Rick indicated that they expect to upgrade the router code on the
Abilene routers in Indianapolis, Cleveland, and New York to Cisco IOS
12.0(6)S this week.  The Argonne and NCSA Ballston DC routers are already
running Cisco IOS 12.0(6)S.

We would like to repeat this attempt to get IP multicast traffic through
Abilene, once Abilene has upgraded their router code.  It would be useful
to have Argonne, NCSA, Cisco, and Abilene personnel online for another
conference call while we make another attempt to make this work.

I am available on Monday morning 27 Sep 1999 through noon, and after noon
on Tuesday 28 Sep 1999.  As a baseline to work from, I suggest that we try
this again on Tuesday afternoon, 28 Sep 1999, at 2:00 PM EDT / 1:00 PM CDT
/ 11:00 AM PDT.  Is this an acceptable time for the people at NCSA, Cisco,
and Abilene?
===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov