Cisco IOS 12.0(6)S released

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 16 19:17:33 CDT 1999

Cisco IOS version 12.0(6)S has been released through the usual Cisco
channels.  This version has considerably better support for wide area IP
multicast routing.

I am particularly excited by the "A - Advertised via MSDP" flag that shows
up on the 'show ip mroute' command.  This allows a network administrator to
immediately determine whether an active multicast source is being
advertised through MSDP to the wide area network provider.  This has turned
out to be incredibly useful through the Access Grid Chautaqua events.

My recommendation is for Access Grid sites to move towards running this
code as soon as each site can do so given their policies and qualification
procedures.  Running this code will greatly enhance our ability to move
forward on native IP multicast deployment.

Please forward this information to your site network administrators.
===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov