Many thanks to the BU Team!! (fwd)

Jennifer Teig von Hoffman jtvh at bu.edu
Thu Sep 16 10:49:00 CDT 1999

Hello all - -

The Boston Chautauqua is almost over, and it has been a success. We've had
a lot of great feedback from the participants. The Access Grid and main
sessions went very smoothly, despite a backhoe taking out a chunk of the
VBNS Monday. The tutorials, workshops, and seminars have been
well-received. The dinner Tuesday was great - - with an interesting, funny
speaker - - and the reception Wednesday night was definitely a good party!

To me, though, the greatest success story of the Boston Chautauqua has
been behind the scenes. During the Boston Chautauqua, we had an incredibly
collaborative effort on all fronts: developing the national agenda,
putting on workshops, building the Access Grid, reaching out to and
funding grant recipients, working with the press, and even staffing the
registration table. Staff from throughout Boston University and the
Alliance - - and especially the PACS group - - really pulled out all the
stops to make this event happen.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to this event. It simply
would not have happened without you. Below is an additional thank-you from
Margaret Lewis as well. (Please forward this along to any others who
helped to make our event a success if I've accidentally omitted their
names from the "To" list above.)

Yours,
Jennifer