"'Twas the night before BU Chautauqua..."

Mark Hereld hereld at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 13 18:32:16 CDT 1999

TechStart for the BU CHAUTAUQUA will be:

	7:30 AM Eastern
	Tuesday
	September 14, 1999

MOST IMPORTANT REMINDER (the success of the Chautauqua, and perhaps even the entire Alliance alliance, depends upon it):  Wear Your Chautauqua T-Shirt If You've Got One!

Latest on the network problems we were having all day today (until about 30 minutes ago):  it works.  Apparently there's a problem with certain Cisco architecture in connection with Mirnet (if I understand it correctly).  It was tickled by our connection to Russia ('mir', after all, is 'world' in Russian, da?).  We've (that is Bill, Kevin, and others) got it under control for the moment.  At this writing, I don't think we anticipate any problems tomorrow.

There will be the usual backchannel telecon, AND a PUBLIC telecon.  Russ will announce details.  Make sure you have access to two telephone lines.

Show Time is at 9:00 AM Eastern.  Bring your Happy Face, and synchronize your watch.

-- Mark