Part of a NanoCruise #???#

Mark Hereld hereld at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 1 16:35:25 CDT 1999

--- Coordinates ------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Access Grid.
Tomorrow.
Thursday.
September 2, 1999.
1 - 3 PM CDT.

--- Caveats ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark will be away in the afternoon.
Lisa will be scurrying busy-like with Voyager code.
Bob and Terry will have some cycles invested in ANOTHER meeting here.
Bob and Terry will try to pry cycles and participate from the Library Node.
The Workshop Node will be in use on another session for the aforementioned OTHER meeting.

Nonetheless, we push forward.  Goals for tomorrow (sufficient details amply covered in past email and ag web pages):

(1) all of your node computers, PARTICULARLY the audio and video CAPTURE machines, made NTP compliant (this will make recording the soon-to-be-historic BU Chautauqua with Voyager POSSIBLE).  start NOW, so that we don't have any unnecessary glitches when it counts.

(2) install your Node Operator Cam, as discussed during the Post Mortem on monday.  all Nodes will need a nice head shot of the Node Operator:  nearly frontal, close enough to see facial expression, and some gesture

(3) install analog phone connection to your gentner.  have someone call in.  play with it.  Robert Putnam is blazing some trail for you, and will hopefully be able to provide some guidance on getting it going at your site (to the extent that Bob is tied up at the other meeting).

(4) ready yourselves MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY for FIRE DRILLS.  we, or the network, will engineer faux-bugs at some point, possibly but not necessarily tomorrow, in order to stress test the operators and OPERATIONS of the Access Grid.

Cheers,
Mark