AG plans for the PACS meeting on Friday

Remy Evard evard at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 21 14:38:49 CDT 1999

Heya folks.  As you probably know, the PACS meeting at Argonne tomorrow
will be on the AG.  This should be another interesting data point on how
meetings will work when held over the AG.  This one might be a bit large
for the AG... we shall see.

For the most part, this should be low stress.  I expect about 20
participants to be involved with well over half of them located in the
workshop at Argonne.  No major demos, no big audiences.  We do plan to do
distributed powerpoint presentations.

Expected Participants
---------------------
  Argonne
  BU
  UNM
  MHPCC
  NCSA
  Kentucky

There may be others, but these are the folks who told me that they'd be
using the AG for the meeting.  I think the Access Center will probably be
on too.

Coordinating Tech
-----------------
I'm planning on running things at Argonne, hoping not too take any precious
pre-SC99 time from the FuturesLab folks here.  I haven't done this before,
but Lisa has trained me well. :-)

We don't have a tech backchannel set up for this meeting, but I will be in
the AG tech room on WFG. (In fact I'm there now and will just live there
for a while.)  Anyone running AG nodes, please hang out there.

If you will be running the gear at your site, please let me know, so that I
know who to sync with.

I plan on doing basic AG tests to all participating sites at 8am central.
The meeting starts at 8:30am Central.   (Sigh... too many good excuses for
Starbucks this week.)

We will be using sapphire.mcs.anl.gov as the distributed powerpoint master
server.

Just In Case
------------
If we have problems of some type that keep us from communicating
effectively over the AG, we will set up a conference call to use.  This
will take about 15 minutes to set up AFTER we decide to set it up.

If we have to use it, here's the info:
   Number: 1 800 857 7048
   Code:   PACS MEETME
   Leader: Remy Evard

Presentations
PACS folks giving presentations - you will need to give me a copy of your
slides so that I can display them on the AG (and on the wall in the meeting
room).  If you can send them to me now - great.  If not, I'll need to get
them from you tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

  -r'm

Remy Evard -- evard at mcs.anl.gov -- www.mcs.anl.gov/~evard -- 630.252.5963
Manager of Advanced Computing and Networking,  MCS,  Argonne National Lab