IGNORE FIRST MESSAGE ON AG R & D meeting

Cheryl Zidel zidel at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 14 10:55:04 CDT 1999

PLEASE IGNORE THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE

Again, I apologize that this meeting has somehow slipped through the crack.
I would like to get it on the schedule as soon as I can. With that, could I
please check your availability on the following dates for the AG R & D meeting.

Thu and Fri 12/2 and 3
Mon and Tue 12/13 and 14

Your quick response would be appreciated.  Thank you for your patience.

An R&D planning meeting to coordinate continuing AG development work..  It
would be a one day meeting at ANL (or via AG).

Technical Topics to be covered include:
1. Evolution and testing of "the AG hw spec", portable configs and testing,
extensions etc..
2. New codecs and codec enhancement, encryption, stereo, spatialized audio,
recording, HQ video etc.
3. Support for multiple independent sessions and session management tools
4. Integration with Grid services including QoS
5. Interfaces to desktop tools, visualization tools, and groupware tools
6. Evaluation and HF testing..
This meeting will be for those interested in actively participating in AG
research and development..

We are also considering a tutorial and deployment discussions the day
before.. For those bringing up nodes etc. If you are interested in that
please indicate your interest in the e-mail.

(If you already responded to my previous message, you do not need to
respond again, and thank you for your quick response.)

Cheryl Zidel
Rick Stevens' Office