Report on Linux-supported sound cards

Paul Hubbard phubbard at unm.edu
Sun Jun 27 12:47:26 CDT 1999

I found an excellent web page devoted to audio quality under Linux, URL is
http://members.tripod.com/~slinkP/pw_linux/Audio-Quality-HOWTO.html

Based on this page and my own experience, the Yamaha YMF724 (aka WaveForce
192XG) would be a decent choice; they're about ~30USD locally and have
excellent sound; I use them at home with good results.

Check out the web page for lots and lots of other useful information -
driver status, noise reduction, diagnostics, you name it -- it's a good
resource. Might I suggest adding a link from the AG pages?

Tom Coffin - any luck getting the software to work on your SGIs?

-Paul