Cisco bug

Tom Coffin tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 24 08:06:40 CDT 1999

At 08:31 PM 6/23/99 -0500, Rick Stevens wrote:
   >John,
   >
   >I think you need to understand that we are using these debugging periods
   >precisely
   >for this type of debugging.. and we need to do a lot more.. to insure
that the
   >"events" look, and sound as good as possible.. for this to happen we
need your
   >help to encourage the right things to happen.  The test cruises are tests
   >and rehearsals,
   >just like rehearsing for a play.. and just like play we need to practice
   >making all the technology
   >work , networking, video, audio, people, etc. many times between now and
   >August..
   >There will be many "failures" etc. just like make forgotten lines in a
   >rehearsal, etc.
   >we dont need a big to do about each one, what we need is the right people
   >learning
   >and trying again..  Your people are doing a great job coming up the
   >learning curve..
   >the best way you can help is give them the support they  need $$ or
   >otherwise and
   >as a PACS person encourage Frank to see that the ACCESS CENTER in DC come
   >up to
   >the same level of participation as Kentucky..

ACCESS-DC should/must be a lead in this initiative.
A while ago, I located vendors and put together a very nice
package for 'all' the equipment which was speced
at the Oakbrook meeting. To date, I have not received
any go ahead/or word to purchase... so I am stuck in a
very awkward position of trying to participate
without the configured hardware or specified software.
This has led to some stressfull interactions, all
of which would easily have been avoided given the correct
equipment procurement.

Is there anyway I can get 'loaner' equipment for
the interim period?

So there is no mistake, I completely support this program
and am committed to it's success.

 you guys are leading the PACS

Tom Coffin .......................... tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu