resizing vic

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 28 14:14:30 CDT 1999

Sigh. Poking at vic today I find the following comment:

	/*
	 * Choose a good scale factor.  We scale up or down
	 * by factors of two.  Find the closest scale so that
	 * the input geometry matches to the desired window size.
	 * On a mismatch, the image will be centered in the window.
	 */

This means we aren't going to be doing arbitrary-sized video windows
without more serious hacking on the vic code. It can be done, it just
involves some deeper changes to the tk rendering code.

An arguably right solution to this would be for someone to implement
a MS DirectX display for vic. Rumor has it that the UMich folks have
done this (Andy Adamson:

http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/secure_video/nt_mpg_bin.html

) but I've not heard back from him about getting source.

--bob