practice sessions

John A. Greenfield green at AHPCC.Unm.EDU
Tue Jul 27 18:42:10 CDT 1999

I hope we can debug network and other problems in the next few days and
especially in another nano-cruise on Thursday.

I have Monday August 2 and Tuesday August 3 scheduled in the auditorium
here at UNM (The rotunda). These are the last days available before
final setup begins on August 6. I would like to do some serious practice
sessions then. I expect to lose much of Monday morning to setup and layout
issues, but would like to plan for practice run throughs of the program on
Monday afternoon and especially Tuesday.

The one other opportunity we have for practice is less convenient, but I
will be trying it as well. We will setup everything for the Chautauqua on
Friday August 6, that gives us an opportunity to do a dress rehearsal on
Saturday August 7 and Sunday August 8. I plan to try to run through a real
rehearsal on those days, If anyone can be available at remote sites on
those days it would be helpful, if not I will fake remote input locally.

On Monday August 9 at 8:30, we will be "on the air" with the first
Chautauqua -- ready or not.

John Greenfield
green at arc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235