UNM Chautauqua Script

Margaret Lewis mlewis at mhpcc.edu
Tue Jul 27 11:33:47 CDT 1999

All,

Here is a draft of the UNM Chautauqua Script -- the intent is to show a detailed
schedule of events so that tech and production staff will know what to do when
and where.

A few notes:

Introduction of Access Grid

The first introduction will take place about 9:30 am MDT (5:30 am HST, 10:30 am
CDT, and 11:30 am EDT) on Monday, August 9th. This is immediately after Larry's
keynote address and prior to Rick Stevens "live and remote" presentation on
Building the Grid.

Our method of doing this will be for Larry to "role call" participating sites.
As each site is called the UNM folks will activate that video image so we are
building up for the audience a picture of Larry and all participating grid
sites. We have been calling this our Brady Bunch introduction.

I need each site to confirm their participation in this introduction. I realize
this is during SIGGRAPH and very early in the morning for Maui. However, this is
our first opportunity to show off the Grid and its reach from East Coast to
Maui.

We need to arrange practice of this intro session -- I'll leave to UNM to
schedule this one.

Live and Remote Talks - right now, for UNM Chautuaqua we have following remote
sessions:

* Rick Stevens from ANL at 9:30 am MDT on August 9th (10:30 am CDT, 11:30 am
EDT) - immediately after the Brady Bunch intro)

* NSF speaker from Access Grid at 8:30 am MDT on August 10th (9:30 am CDT, 10:30
am EDT)

* Access Center Tour at 9:30 am MDT on August 10th (10:30 am CDT, 11:30 am EDT)

* Remote talk/demo by Nestor Zaluzec from ANL 11:45 on August 10th (12:45 pm
CDT, 1:45 EDT)

I need all site participating in remote sessions to confirm that they are aware
the commitment. Also need to set up some practice sessions for these. Once again
-- will look to UNM to set up times.

Many thanks

Margaret