Argh, error in the beacon startup script

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 21 19:12:26 CDT 1999

At 04:47 PM 7/21/99 -0700, I wrote:
>Feh. Due to silent argument processing weirdnesses in vic, the ttl setting
>argument wasn't getting handled. I'm currently rebuilding the RPM for this.
>Until that's out, you can replace the beacon shell script with the following:

Okay, new RPM built. Disregard the last script too -- upon advice from the
networking folks, we're using the same multicast address for the beacon
(different port).

New RPM is at

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/AG/Software/Linux/RPMS/ag-beacon-1.0-2.i3
86.rpm

You'll have to uninstall the previous version with

	rpm -e ag-beacon

before reinstalling the new one. Seems like you shouldn't have to, but
there it is.

If folks could get this installed and fire it up asap, that'd help LOTS
with network/multicast debugging.

thanks,
--bob