first beacon results

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 21 11:59:30 CDT 1999

So far, I've seen BU on the beacon a little yesterday, and Uky today.
Interesting thing today:

>From the normal multicast group the beacon is on (224.1.2.4/20040) at ANL I
can only see the moonbeam beacon running. The multicast rtpmon concurs.

>From the unicast channel that the modified vic is broadcasting to, the
rtpmon shows two islands of connectivity. The UKy session shows up, but
only has stats for its session. The ANL session also shows up, also only
with stats for its session.

You can see snapshots of these at

	http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~olson/beacon.html

Network folks -- does this mean that ANL/UKy multicast is broken again? I
noticed on the AG video session rtpmon this morning that Hank was seeing
60-70% loss across the board.

--bob