Audio status

John A. Greenfield green at AHPCC.Unm.EDU
Mon Jul 19 13:47:41 CDT 1999

Bob,

Laundry list may take a day or two to get generated.

Have the latest rat, am starting it with the script from the ag software
snapshot, it worked fine with the old rat, with the new rat the part
that runs the mixer setup doesn't work -- no error messages, but mixer is
in loopback mode. Currently working around it by manual mixer setup before
running the script.

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Bob Olson wrote:

> Can each of the sites send a laundry list / connection diagram of the
> audio gear that they currently have connected? We shouldn't have to
> have the struggle we had today with audio, and if I can see what folks
> have I might be able to see some of the problems.
>
> A reminder: please install the latest rat that I announced the other
> day. It may help a lot with the delay and interactivity.
>
> How are folks starting rat? In the ag software snapshot there was a
> script that runs a mixer setup, then starts vat. This ensures the
> soundcard mixer is in the right state before you start transmitting.
>
> thanks,
> --bob

John Greenfield
green at arc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235