UNM network status

John A. Greenfield green at AHPCC.Unm.EDU
Wed Aug 4 16:04:25 CDT 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Robert Olson wrote:

> Network is still up to AHPCC, right? Can you set up any machines there near
> telephones? We really need to be working out stuff before the chautauqua...

No. If I had the time to move machines back up to AHPCC or re-install the
software it has been eaten by the fact that I have to find the bridge
names in all the scripts and change them to the new bridge machines you
have moved me to.

> Isn't speedy reconnect *and* permanent fix an option?

Apparently not. Reconnect involves rebooting routers which will then lose
all state information about how they got in their current state.

John Greenfield
green at arc.unm.edu
University of New Mexico
THE ALBUQUERQUE HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER
Office # 505-277-8249
Direct # 505-277-9545
Fax #    505-277-8235