[AG-DEV] Ubuntu 12.04

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu May 31 07:05:30 CDT 2012

On 31/05/2012, at 9:47 PM, Salim Haniff wrote:

> Quoting Christoph Willing <c.willing at uq.edu.au>:
>

>> That would be great Salim. I've uploaded a package for 12.04 at:
>>    http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/debuntu/precise/accessgrid3.2_3.3-0r68331_all.deb
>>
>> As with the Debian package, its not officially in the repo so
>> you'll have to download it, then install it with:
>>    sudo dpkg -i accessgrid3.2_3.3-0r68331_all.deb
>>

>> chris
>>

> Thanks Chris, it seems to be working on 12.04.  It crashed on the
> first run but after I deleted the ~/.AccessGrid3 folder everything
> seems to run smoothly.

If that happens more generally (crashing until deletion of
~/.Accessgrid3/ directory) then we should probably include that on the
wiki page (or whatever) with instructions for users about the
changeover.

BTW, after you deleted the ~/.AccessGrid3 directory, do you recall the
server address that appeared in the VenueClient at the next startup?

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland