[AG-DEV] Continuation of AG Services - Action Items

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon May 14 00:28:15 CDT 2012

David,

The DNS registration of the accessgrid.org name should still be
changed to UNewcastle (provided you still want to manage the DNS). The
web site itself (same as the venue server etc.) can be anywhere.

Different domain registrars will have slightly different procedures
but, basically, you (or whoever has authority at UNewcastle) will have
to request transfer of the domain name via UNewcastle's registrar.
That will ultimately require consent from the current owners. Tom is
probably best placed to line up that consent with whoever is
authorised at UChicago.

chris

On 14/05/2012, at 3:00 PM, David Allingham wrote:

> In that case the answer to
>
>    *   Therefore - would you be able to investigate what needs to
> occur to get addresses pointing to various IP addresses.  For
> example, what will be required to point venueserver.accessgrid.org
> to the instance Chris Willing will be developing.
>
> is that the folks at U Chicago will have to make the DNS changes
> that we need:
>
> University of Chicago Computation Institute
> support at ci.uchicago.edu
> RI 340E
> 5640 S Ellis Ave
> Chicago, IL 60637
> US
> Phone: +1-773-834-6812
>
> Anyone know them?  :)
> David

> David
>
> Todd Zimmerman from UBC has already offered to host the AG website,
> but if you could assist him with this process, it would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
> Jason.

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland