[AG-DEV] Continual of AG services

Philippe d'Anfray Philippe.d-Anfray at cea.fr
Fri Mar 16 05:18:20 CDT 2012

Bonjour,

Working with AG, it's nice to have default:
     * Bridge registry
     * Jabber server
     * Certificate Authority
     * Venue server

That's what ANL provided and the available AG software (client/venue
server)  were configured to use them.

 From my point of view the worldwide AG infrastructure is a network of
AG servers and bridges
To ensure some sort of consistency, probably the Certificate Authority
must remain unique but the  other "defaults" can be thought of as local
services (on a regional, country or continental  scale).

 From an operational point of view it is easier to access a "local"
bridge registry, but as the list of bridges is a global information
there should be a way to synchronize the various registry ?

 From an operational point of view too, it is easier to access  a
"local" jabber service and to default to a "local" venue server.

So my idea (but it's already more or less organized this way)

** One Certificate Authority
** A mechanism to synchronize bridge registry
** A mechanism to be able to provide customized Venue client (and Venue
server) preconfigured to access local (e.g. european, US, etc...)
ressources which could be simply redefine (?) and put apart some config
files

Cordialement

Philippe