[AG-DEV] AG Continuation of Services Action Items / Checklist

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Jun 18 01:10:28 CDT 2012

G'day all

I have drafted a few items for tomorrow's meeting that we can discuss to see "where we are at", in regards to the "AG Continuation of Services".

I am sure there are others, but hopefully this will give us a guide on the topics being discussed.  Free feel to add items that might be missed?

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow.

Regards,

Jason.

________________________________

AG Continuation of Services Action Items / Checklist

 *   ANL DNS redirection
    *   What is currently implemented (if any) and anything missing?
    *   Exit strategy ?

 *   Ownership of the aacessgird.org Domain (Run by David Allingham)
    *   What is currently listed
    *   Anything missing?

 *   New Global Default Venue Server (Configure by Chris willing)
    *   Include a Bridge registry and unicast bridge)
    *   Now live - any issues?

 *   Access Grid Website ( www.accessgrid.org) (Configured by Todd Zimmerman)
    *   Please let people aware of changes that need to occur.
       *   A couple of "news" items need to be posted.
    *   Need to begin process on getting new website started;

 *   Access Grid Wiki (Configured by David Allingham) - See http://wiki.accessgrid.org<http://wiki.accessgrid.org/>
    *   What sort of content should go here and how should it be structured.

 *   Access Grid mailing Lists - Where are we at?
    *   New lists created at source forge and website (http://www.accessgrid.org/community) updated;
    *   User lists and transfers;
    *   Old and New mailing list Archives

 *   Unicast Bridge Registries
    *   I still need a list of registries that need to be included?

 *   AG Certificates
    *   I assume everyone got their new certificates?
    *   Need to begin to consider the process of implementing a new Certificate Authority....

 *   Source Code migration to Source Forge
    *   Where are we at?
       *   I don't think it is fully transferred - what are the "blockers"?
       *   When can code modifications begin, what sort of process do we envisage?

 *   Bugzilla
    *   Where are we at?
    *   Anything transferred (or are we starting from a clean slate)?

 *   Code Builds
    *   Some Linux builds already released (Doug - I know I need to do some testing!!!)
    *   Tom needs to check Mac build environment (to see if environment still exists.)
    *   Windows environment - some patch code being developed.
       *   Where are we at with this?
       *   What else needs to be done to get it out in the wild?

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Video Collaboration Champion

Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation

http://www.qcif.edu.au/

ARCS eResearch Collaborative Services

http://www.arcs.org.au/

Senior Research Technologies Officer

Information Technology Directorate

CQ University Australia

http://www.cqu.edu.au/

E-mail :                 j.bell at cqu.edu.au

                                j.bell at qcif.edu.au

                                jason.bell at arcs.org.au

Work   :                 +61 7 4930 9229

Mobile :               0409 630897

Postal :                 Building 19, Room 1.55

                                Central Queensland University

                                Bruce Highway

                                Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702

Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,

I would have become a Doctor.