[AG-DEV] ANL Bridge registry turned off ?

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 6 06:46:00 CDT 2012

On 06/06/2012, at 8:52 PM, Christoph Willing wrote:

> On 06/06/2012, at 1:03 PM, Jason Bell wrote:
>
>> G'day All
>>
>> Has the ANL Bridge registry been turned off ???
>>
>> As when I did a "purge", the list comes up empty...
>
> Thats because the redirection of the name www.accessgrid.org has
> occurred. The /registry/peers.txt at the new http://
> www.accessgrid.org now points to vv3.accessgrid.org:8030 which
> doesn't exist in DNS yet.
>
> Until the DNS is transferred and we can create an entry for
> vv3.accessgrid.org, I wonder if a plain IP address would work there
> instead? Todd, could we try this by you changing the peers.txt file
> to be:
>    130.102.78.188:8030
> please?

Todd,

I've confirmed (using a local web server as a registry) that a plain
IP address will work - so could you go ahead and change the /registry/
peers.txt file as above please? BTW when I did that test, I saw the
WestGrid bridge.

Until that change at http://www.accessgrid.org/registry/peers.txt is
made (or the DNS entry for vv3.accessgrid.org is created), a
workaround for users is to add:
     http://wilson.vislab.uq.edu.au/registry/peers.txt
as a Bridge Registry in the VenueClient's Preferences->Bridging section

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland