[AG-DEV] AG Development Environment Guide

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Jan 23 04:38:30 CST 2012

Colleagues

I am happy to announce the release of the "AG Development Environment for Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Scientific Linux" which can be found at http://www.accessgrid.org/node/2005.

This document provides instructions on downloading the latest source for the Access Grid Toolkit, as well as the media tools, "vic" and "rat" for a number of Linux Distributions.  Instructions on building executables for vic and rat are also provided.

Therefore, anyone interested in looking at the source code, making code modifications and/or building newer versions of the media tools will be interested in this document.

I would welcome any feedback (even grammar corrections) and any suggestions for improvements or additional content.
I would also like to especially thank Doug Kosovic for all his help (and recent code updates to vic and the configure script) and to acknowledge Andrew Fords recent contribution to vic which includes updates to the H264 codec.

Cheers,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Video Collaboration Champion
Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation
http://www.qcif.edu.au/

ARCS eResearch Collaborative Services
http://www.arcs.org.au/

Senior Research Technologies Officer
Information Technology Directorate
CQ University Australia
http://www.cqu.edu.au/

E-mail :                 j.bell at cqu.edu.au<mailto:j.bell at cqu.edu.au>
                                j.bell at qcif.edu.au<mailto:j.bell at qcif.edu.au>
                                jason.bell at arcs.org.au<mailto:jason.bell at arcs.org.au>
Work   :                 +61 7 4930 9229
Mobile :               0409 630897
Postal :                 Building 19, Room 1.55
                                Central Queensland University
                                Bruce Highway
                                Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702
Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,
I would have become a Doctor.