[AG-DEV] AG and IPv6 compatibility

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 9 09:55:54 CDT 2011

Hi Alberto:

This has been discussed a few times before, but the only work in this direction that I'm aware of was, as you said, in the 6net project. Piers or someone else from UCL would be able to say more about  that project.

As for equipping the AG code itself to handle IPv6, no work has been done, but we would of course like to see work in that area. If it suits you, you could discuss your plans on this list (ag-dev); it could be that other people would be able to help, or at least make helpful comments. Also, if it would help you, we could create an IPv6 branch in the AccessGrid SVN repo for you to track your work.

I'd be happy to answer questions about the AG code relative to your project. Let me know if there's any way I can help.

Tom