[AG-DEV] AG Development Environment for Mac OSX Help

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 01:08:35 CDT 2011

G'day All (resent)

I am currently in the process of creating an "AG Development Environment for Mac OSX" document. See http://www.accessgrid.org/node/2553 (note that it is still in development and I would like to add more details/comments soon).

With Doug's help, I have managed to setup and document the dev environment for the Media Tools.  But the reason why I am writing this email, is that I am having a few issues with setting up the AGTK environment.

Therefore, a couple of questions:

*         Is it recommended to install the AG software (Say 3.3dev) to ensure the prerequisites are available?

*         What is the difference between:

o    svn co https://svn.ci.uchicago.edu/svn/accessgrid/trunk AccessGrid

o    svn co https://svn.ci.uchicago.edu/svn/accessgrid/build/macosx

*         Should both be installed / downloaded (note that the main purpose is to download the latest copies of the packages to allow development and testing)?

*         Following the instructions found at http://www.accessgrid.org/developer/packaging, where do I find (and how do I execute) python packaging/SetupBuild.py and python packaging/BuildSnapshot.py?

Advice and feedback greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T. (Honours)

Video Collaboration Champion
Australian Research Collaboration Service
http://www.arcs.org.au/

Senior Research Technologies Officer
Information Technology Directorate
CQ University Australia

E-mail :                 j.bell at cqu.edu.au<mailto:j.bell at cqu.edu.au>
                                jason.bell at arcs.org.au<mailto:jason.bell at arcs.org.au>
Work   :                 +61 7 4930 9229
Mobile :               0409 630897
Postal :                 Building 19
                                Central Queensland University
                                Bruce Highway
                                Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, 4702
Patience is a virtue.

But if I wanted Patience,
I would have become a Doctor.