[AG-DEV] Transcoding DVTS streams?

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 25 05:20:32 CST 2009

Hi Andrew,

Another way you could probably knock something up quickly is using
gstreamer - v0.10 contains a DV de/payloader:

%gst-inspect-0.10 | grep "dv:"
typefindfunctions: video/x-dv: dif, dv
dv:  dvdemux: DV system stream demuxer
dv:  dvdec: DV video decoder
ffmpeg:  ffdemux_dv: FFmpeg DV video format demuxer
ffmpeg:  ffmux_dv: FFmpeg DV video format muxer

You could play with creating a pipeline using gst-launch-0.10 to do
what you want or you can write a small app in Python or C++ using the
gstreamer libraries.

Piers