[AG-DEV] AGTk Development : Cannot build UCL Common Library

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 11 17:48:22 CDT 2008

Hi Thibault:

You don't need to build everything from source to do what you're trying
to do.  Use the Access Grid installer to get all the dependencies in
place.  Then you can check out the Access Grid module from subversion,
and set up the environment, according to the instructions on this page:

http://www.accessgrid.org/developer

These instructions are fairly new, so if you run into problems with
them, please let us know so we can update them.  If you'd like to update
them yourself, let me know and I'll give you the appropriate permissions
for the site.

Also, I'm curious to know what else went wrong when you were trying to
build from source, so we can get that fixed.  Ideally, building from
source would be trivial.

Tom Uram