[AG-DEV] Your feedback concerning the AccessGrid GUI

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Wed Oct 8 21:25:04 CDT 2008

G'day Thibault

Sorry for my late reply, it is just that I have been quite busy.

If I may voice my 2 cents worth, but it is my opinion that the UI of the
AG is a very interesting topic of conversation and depending on who you
talk to, will give you different grips, problems, etc.

Because I have been using the AG for some time, I actually find it easy
to use, but being someone that helps a lot of "new" users, a lot of them
find it un-intuitive.

One suggestion that has been floated around (not sure who thought up the
idea), was to use skins on the Venue client, that way you can hide most
things from the "simple" user and allow advance users to access more
settings!  I believe at this years retreat, some code and examples of
different Venue Clients were provided, see:

http://www.accessgrid.org/developer/example/VenueClientAlternateUI

and

http://www.accessgrid.org/developer/example/AlternateVenueClients

Obviously this is a large topic and can talk about it a lot more...  As
I have only highlight one thing that quickly comes to mind.

I would be happy to have an AG session to discuss some ideas, etc.  So
please feel free to contact me further in this regards.

Cheers,
Jason.