[AG-DEV] About Text Service

lester leong ihpcrcw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 03:17:51 CDT 2008

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the pointers. As I am using Jabberd version 1.4.4, the jabber.xml
contents seemed different from what you have provided. Nonetheless, I
followed closely to what you have suggested  (creating a self-signed cert
and linking it in the jabber.xml) and managed to get Pidgin to connect to my
Jabber Server on port 5223.

I am now faced with another issue that hopefully you can shed some light on:

In my VenueServer.cfg, the text port I am connecting to is 5223. However,
when I create add new venues through the Venue Management tool, a new chat
room is NOT created on the Jabber end.

Please advise.

Thanks
Cheers