[AG-DEV] About Text Service

lester leong ihpcrcw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 09:02:06 CDT 2008

Hi All,

Like Luis, I managed to set up Jabber Server ( Jabberd-1.4.4) and edited the
VenueServer.cfg file. However, when I launch the Venue Client and join a
venue, I get the following error:

06/13/2008 09:52:40 PM -1279411280 VenueClient     VenueClient.py:1118 ERROR
EnterVenue.__StartJabber failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py",
line 1116, in DoPostEnter
    self.__StartJabber(self.textLocation)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py",
line 1203, in __StartJabber
    self.jabber.Connect(jabberHost, jabberPort)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3/AccessGrid/Jabber/JabberClient.py",
line 39, in Connect
    self._stream = stream.JabberClientStream(host, port=port, use_ssl=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gov/lbl/dsd/bajjer/stream.py", line
154, in __init__
    self.open(host, port, use_ssl)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gov/lbl/dsd/bajjer/stream.py", line
110, in open
    self._conn = io.Connection(host, port, use_ssl)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gov/lbl/dsd/bajjer/io.py", line
106, in __init__
    self._sock.send(self._header(to_=host))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gov/lbl/dsd/bajjer/ssl.py", line
44, in send
    bytes = self._sock.send(data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gov/lbl/dsd/bajjer/ssl.py", line
112, in send
    bytes = self._ssl.send(data)
Error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO', 'unknown protocol')]

When I try to key in some text in the textbox, I get an error "You have to
be connected to a venue to send a text message". This is despite already
connected to a venue.

Any ideas?

Cheers
lester