[AG-DEV] Running Ag toolkit 3.1 on openSuSe 10.3 ?

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 02:04:38 CST 2008

Hi Lassi,

> I was wondering what would be my best options to run 3.1 toolkit on
> openSuse 10.3. Suse  seems to be a favorite distribution on my current
> workplace.

I have some old Suse 10.1 AG SRPMs, here:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/suse/10.1/src/
which I put when I was helping someone with building Suse AG RPMs

I'm not sure if openSuse 10.3 is using Bonjour or Avahi for it ZeroConf
support, if it's Bonjour, the python-bonjour-0.1-1.src.rpm from the
above location would be useful.

I imagine openSuse 10.3 is Python 2.5 based, so the Fedora 8 AG SRPMs
would be a good starting point:

  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/fedora/8/SRPMS/

unfortunately, Suse doesn't have a concept of noarch Python RPMs like
Fedora does, so the Fedora SRPMs that specify noarch will need to be
modified.

On Suse i586 Python files should get installed into:
  /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages

while the x86-64 one into:
  /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages

There are a few other fedora-isms that have to be removed/modified in
the SPEC files, but they are fairly minor.

Cheers,
Doug