[AG-DEV] Event and data channel

Luis Galárraga lgalarra at fiec.espol.edu.ec
Mon Apr 14 13:42:53 CDT 2008

I have some questions related to AG client event notification:

According to VenueClientDesign.doc, clients subscribe to an event
notification channel that works in another port (according to my
VenueServer.cfg, 8002). It is used to provide consistent information about
the venue to every client. Which kind of information is transmited through
this port? Does it also use SOAP?  I understand that SOAP is stateless (as
it uses HTTP) so I suppose client uses a pull approach to recept those
events. Am I right?. Which is the remote interface for this service?

I also read DataStoreDesign.doc and in VenueServer configuration I realized
there is a data port field. Is that port used for the transmission of shared
resources, I mean shared files specifically?. Is another kind of information
transmited through this channel, or is it used exclusively for files uploads
and downloads? (e.g SOAP envelopes).

Does the interfaces developed in the code you kindly showed us, implement
these issues? I think data client will not be a problem (it just HTTP). I
would appreciate your answers, as we need your implementation as soon as
possible due to our time constraints.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Galárraga