[AG-DEV] Bridge Registry information via a text file

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 07:13:56 CDT 2007

G'day Ben

Thanks for your email....  My comment wasn't about forcing users to use
one bridge....  It was more the comment that if, for whatever reason, a
user cannot access the URL directly to get to the "bridge registry",
then no bridges are listed.

The use of vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030 is just an example.

What would be nice is if you can associate "vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030" or
"sam.ag.manchester.ac.uk:8030" directly without having to access a
remote webpage to obtain this information.

The reason why this is important and is some locations pass port 80
(http) through a proxy, whereas they can directly access port 8030.

It has come to my attention that you could probably use something like
file:///C:/mydir/peers.txt with those addresses and it should work,
though I need to try it.  Unfortunately this isn't obvious.

Anyway, instead of pointing to a external web URL, it would be nice to
be able to directly point to a local file.

I hope this clarifies my request.

Cheers,
Jason.