[AG-DEV] Bridge Registry information via a text file

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 01:41:41 CDT 2007

G'day all

I'm not sure if I should submit this as a feature request or not... (Let
me know and I will submit it to bugzilla)

There are some AG's around the place that have problems connecting to
Bridge Registries, thereby not getting a list of unicast bridges.

As a workaround, they run their own webserver that contains a peers.txt
file that points to the same information as the default registry address
(Example vv3.mcs.anl.gov:8030).   Would it be possible to include adding
a bridge registry using a text file, rather than a URL only???

As I know this "work around" overcomes some of the proxy issues.

I'm hoping someone could implement this.

Cheers,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.

B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

High Performance Computing Support Officer,
Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au